Sunday, August 8, 2010

Super Idol - Round 1


We taped the first show on July 31st, but it just aired last night. Funny that we all spent the whole day at the station for just a couple of minutes on TV. Phoebe, her friend Yuko and her niece Annie were nice enough to be my first fans/ supporters, and not only made cool signs but spent the whole day sitting on the floor waiting.... I owe them big time!

It's too bad they cut so much of what was actually taped though... The song I sang was twice as long, when I came out I got to jump around and celebrate with Phoebe and Yuko, and I had some great banter with the hostess Li Qing 利菁. She sang some  Chinese opera, and then asked me if she was more popular than Oprah in the US.... I said 'hmm, I'm not sure', but when she asked me if she was a better hostess than Tyra Banks I had to say yes (and I meant it - Li Qing is awesome!)










 Before the show... waiting in the hall.

 Look at the cute signs they made!












Warming up before going onstage. Kevin and B-Lam (also from the US competition) did a great job of making everybody feel at ease. We got a bunch of other contestants singing with us! Notice the black guy sitting next to B-Lam? That's right, I won't be the only one - can you believe it? Dooley's cool - he's from Phoenix, been in Taiwan for 7 years, sings in a band here, does a lot of TV shows... He was just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. This is going to be fun indeed!


With Felicia (behind me, also from the US) and Season, who we met that day. She was super nice; too bad she didn't pass to the next round. Felicia, Kevin and Dooley did pass though - best of luck to them!






Before going onstage. Next taping this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment