Monday, September 13, 2010

TIT for TAT #3

I went to my first big concert a couple of weeks ago. I had been to a show at Easy 5 (a much smaller, jazz cafe), but I wanted to know what a big production was like.... I have to say I was a bit disappointed (so I won't say the name of the singer). The singing was fine but the production was boring, with too many breaks where they'd show a video with the singer talking in a melancholy voice about love and high-heeled shoes. "My High Heeled Shoes" was the theme of the concert, which I thought was pretty silly - though she did wear some kick ass shoes. Overall, I thought the production was more distracting than anything. Maybe they were trying to distract us from the fact that all the songs sounded the same, especially the slow ones (she did about ten in a row)!

We left before it was over. I'd take Julia Peng at Easy 5 over this any day of the week...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Liz, my name is Jason. I saw your performance on TV yesterday. Awesome Voice! The host mentioned that you are a buddhist, When you chanted Daimoku, it shocked me...I am just wondering if you belong to SGI or Nichiren Shoshu.
    You can write to me at azect1202.jason@gmail.com
    I am a Taiwanese living in Taiwan, used to live in Seattle for 10 years :)

    ReplyDelete